Friday, January 05, 2007

New Years Resolutions








Hey,

Welcome to the new year; funny thing how the changing of a date allows us to wipe the slate clean on the previous 365 days. So be it, any opportunity to change your life for the better should always be taken advantage of. By this time most of you believers out there have either made you resolutions or are contemplating what they will be.

Do I even have to mention that the statistics are not in your favor; I have decided not to even include how little of a chance you have of actually following through. Instead, I will focus on the strategies that have worked for myself and others. After working through the internet I have come up with this quick compilation of some of my favorites.

Dr. Stephen Kraus at the "SelfGrowth.com" website suggest four of the top strategies for keeping on track with your resolutions. My favorite two are create a plan for success as well as a plan for slip-ups. Plan through what you want and how you will get it, be detailed, be specific, and be realistic. Build your plan around a time line that includes check points along the way to a set goal. Also keep in mind how you will identify setbacks and deal with them as they occur along the path to success.

At the "GoalsGuy.com" Gary Ryan Blair suggests that you tackle only one resolution at a time, "divide and conquer." This is such an important point to make because few people pick just one aspect to change in their lives, most identify many different things. Try to avoid laundry listing the things you want to improve instead pick a handful of tasks and work through them one at a time.

Looking at "About.com" Wayne Parker points out that your should focus on the positive goals not negative "leave behinds." Say that you want to quit smoking, instead of writing down "I want to stop destroying my body by filling my lungs with toxic, carcinogenic, life shortening smoke," write "I want to improve my life and make the world better for myself and those around me by not smoking." You know who you are.

These are just a couple of my favorites for achieving success this year to get in shape and lead a more satisfying life. If you haven't put it on your list please start exercising and eating better on a regular basis. Exercise is medicine, it should be taken daily and enjoyed often. For more tips please visit me at www.naturalselectionwellness.com.

No comments: