Sunday, October 28, 2007

World Boxing Championships


Thanks to the generosity of one of my clients I got a chance to watch a couple of
the boxing matches live yesterday. Like so many professional events actually being there is so much better then watching it on television. The level of athletic achievement that these guys showcased made me want to get in the ring myself.
The link below will take you to the World Boxing Championship site:
As much as I enjoyed watching the heart and finesse that went into these matches the one thing that made me really appreciate what was going on was the sportsmanship. After every match, despite the outcome, each boxer would go to the others corner and show the coaches the same respect they would show each other. This is truly a gentleman's sport and my only hope is that this exposition will reignite the flame of Chicago boxing.

No comments: