Thursday, April 09, 2009

New Workout

I love staying active and as an adult I know how hard it can be to find other outlets besides the gym to keep you going.  Currently I am in my fifth month at the Degerberg Academy of Mixed Martial arts and I really enjoy it.  Three hours a week I get to feel like I am back in high school again competing with people that have similar interest.  Besides just being fun as hell I burn close to 1000 calories a class and feel more then confident to jump into the octagon.  It is also the inspiration for my work-out today.

With this you will do three sets of 12-15 reps and take a 90 second break in-between.

Hanging Cleans
Decline Bench Weight Twist (2 sets of 20)
Dead Lift 
Alternating Dumbbell Flys 
L-Pull Ups
Mountain Climbers ( 2 sets of 20)
Dips with Knee Up
Plyometric Pushups.

For a little added fun do two minute rounds with a jump rope between exercises.

No comments: